Here is a yummy spicy shrimp recipe that you can use to make tacos, a bowl or even a yummy salad!
These Hawaiian burgers are the perfect meal for those warmer summer days. The combination of the salty burger with the sweet pineapple, makes for the perfect pairing!If you have a BBQ use it! If not, a cast iron pan works perfect!
This recipe is a knock off of our friends over at Feeding The Frasers. the original recipe calls for Pork chop which you can totally do, but I subbed chicken thigh. If you are feeling the pork, swap it in!
This recipe is a little spicy, so feel free to mix up the ingredients if you don't like spice. The cilantro, lime rice is a nice way to mix up things if you are getting board.
A lot of you guys asked me to cover bulk meal prep one week. So, this week isn’t a recipe but more of a way for you to tackle making a bunch of food in about an hour. For myself, Miranda, Julian, Michelle and a lot of the Street Parking staff this is the way we eat day to day. The weekly recipes are really fun, but for a lot of us we are SUPER busy and don’t have time for complicated recipes. The goal is to keep things simple and learn how to have a good amount of food on hand to stay CONSISTENT with things.
This is a spin off of the classic breakfast - Joe's Special without eggs. I know a lot of you commented you wanted breakfast ideas without eggs, so here you go! If you like eggs, add them in! If you like ground turkey, swap out the beef. If you are a vegetarian/Vegan sub in a protein source you enjoy! Don't be afraid to try something new in the kitchen and HAVE FUN. You can also make extra potatoes when you are roasting for this recipe, so you have some for your other meals!
Short on time? I had about 25 minutes to throw a meal together, and this meal was less than that! You can cut some corner by using some frozen veggies and rice! You can also utilize some of the ingredients from last week’s recipe in this weeks - YAY!
Who doesn't love a good bowl meal? This egg roll inspired dish is LOADED with veggies that cook down nicely and leave a solid crunch! Make it for dinner and enjoy the yummy left-overs for lunch.
This meal is perfect for Chipotle bowls at home or easy meal prep!
This is one of those recipes that you can throw into the crock pot, set it and forget it. It does need to cook for a while, so be sure to plan ahead! This recipe is NOT challenge compliant!
My husband, Adam is a Fireman and is always coming home with yummy dinner ideas from the Firehouse. This one pan Cajun chicken is super easy to make for dinner and makes the BEST leftover lunches. This recipe is super flexible, so if you want to adjust the serving sizes or increase more of something you like - GO FOR IT!
We are going to show you how you can take ONE recipe and add a little spin on it to make 2 different meals. This is perfect for those of you that don’t enjoy eating the same thing every day. If you don’t want to over complicate things – pick either the sweet potato or rice variation and stick with that for your meals. Start to figure out what works for YOU with meal prepping/planning!
We know breakfast is one of the harder meals to prepare and have on hand. You plan on making something in the morning, and then you hit an extra snooze button, leaving you no time to cook. Now you are at work, starving and the break room donuts are staring you down! Prepare this recipe ahead of time to help with those busy mornings!
This winter salad is perfect for any holiday party!
This weeks recipe is a #TBT to the famous 'Moll So Hard Cookies'! We posted this recipe last fall and they were a total hit! These cookies take minimal time to make and something you can whip up for a holiday party. Make sure you follow the instructions and put them in the freezer after you bake them - that's the key for a gooey cookie! Sorry guys, no template breakdown for this one!
3 lbs Chicken Breast
1 Small Onion
3 Garlic Cloves chopped
2 Tbsp Oregano
Enchilada Sauce Ingredients:
2oz Guajillo Chili Pods
2 Cups Chicken Broth
1 Tbsp Cumin
2 Garlic Cloves Chopped
1 Tbsp Chipotle Chili Powder
Dash of Salt and pepper
Here is a different spin on a breakfast burrito!
6 egg whites
1.5oz ground beef
1 tsp coconut oil
We know how much you guys love these easy sheet pan recipes. This week we are throwing a salmon one at you! Feel free to mix up the veggies to squash, asparagus, broccoli- anything you prefer!
One-pan Salmon and Veggie Bake
The Real Food Dietitians
1 ¼ lbs. Wild-caught salmon, cut into 4 portions
1 lb. sweet potato (about 1 medium) or regular potato
12 oz. green beans, trimmed or asparugus
½ small red onion, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp.Tessemae’s Organic Lemon Garlic Dressing & Marinade* or see sub below
1 Tbsp. fresh dill (or ½ tsp. dried dill)
Sea salt and black pepper
½ lemon, thinly sliced
*May substitute: 2 Tbsp. avocado or olive oil + Juice of ½ lemon + 1 clove garlic, finely minced for the bottled dressing
ENCHILADA CHICKEN STEW
Everything But the Bagel Wings
Whole Kitchen Sink
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 40 minutes
Watermelon Balsamic Chicken Salad
Sun Kissed Kitchen
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 4 servings
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 lb chicken breasts skinless
• 1 cup balsamic vinegar
• sea salt and black pepper to taste
• 6 cups romaine lettuce chopped
• 6 cups watermelon cubed
• 1/2 cup fresh mint finely chopped
• 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
• marinated red onions
Marinated Red Onions
• 6 tbsp white wine vinegar
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1/2 tsp sea salt
• 1 tsp oregano dried
• 1/2 red onion large, sliced thinly
• 2 1/2 cups water
1. Prepare marinated onions by adding all ingredients to a jar, shaking to mix, and then allowing to marinate refrigerated for at least an hour, but over a day is better.
2. To prepare balsamic chicken, add olive oil to a pan and heat over medium high heat. Add chicken breasts, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Brown both sides, and then add balsamic vinegar. Lower heat to just below medium, and continue to cook until the vinegar is a thickened glaze and chicken is cooked through. Chop chicken to add to salads.
3. Add lettuce and watermelon to plates. Add chopped balsamic chicken, and then top with chopped mint, walnuts, and marinated onions. Drizzle salads with the marinating liquid from the onions for more flavor, or add water to the pan to thin balsamic glaze, and drizzle salads with the leftover glaze
This salad is perfect with any summer meal! Its got the perfect amount of crunch with all the right flavors. This makes a grew side dish for those summer BBQ’s.
TOMATO, CUCUMBER, AND AVOCADO SALAD
Prep time: 15 MINUTES
Total time: 15 MINUTES
2 – 2.5 lbs skin on chicken thighs
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
3 teaspoons fresh lime zest
1/4 cup olive oil
4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped finely
2 jalapeño, chopped finely
4 garlic cloves, chopped finely
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon chili powder or to taste
• 4 ears of corn
• 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
• smoked paprika, to taste
• 1 lime, cut into wedges
• handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
• Sea salt, to taste
• Freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
1 ¼ – 1 ½ lbs. Flank steak (preferably grass-fed)
½ cup Tessemae’s Organic Balsamic Vinaigrette*
1 tsp. black pepper
1 cup fresh parsley
1 large clove garlic
3 Tbsp. avocado oil (may substitute olive oil)
¼ tsp. salt
⅛ tsp. black pepper
Juice of ½ lemon
Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
*May substitute ⅓ cup avocado oil + 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar + ¼ tsp. salt + ¼ tsp. pepper
• 1/2 cup coconut aminos
• 2 tablespoons raw honey
• 2 garlic cloves minced
• 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
• Pinch of red pepper flakes
• 2-2 1/2 pound sirloin steak fat trimmed and cut into 1 inch cubes
• 2 bell peppers seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
• 1/2 red onion cut into 1-inch pieces
• 1 pineapple peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- salt & pepper
- 3/4 cup compliant chicken stock
- 1/4 cup canned full fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained (I like the julienne cut kind. Make sure you read that label!)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic, minced (about 1 clove)
- 2 tbsp brined capers, rinsed
- 5 oz fresh spinach or spinach/arugula mix (my favorite)
- 1.5 lbs baby dutch yellow potatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced (about 3 cloves)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Optional: fresh chopped parsley
MISSED OUT ON JACKED BY JUNE??
NO WORRIES! THE TEMPLATES THAT WERE USED FOR THAT CHALLENGE ARE NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE FOR STREET PARKING MEMBERS ONLY!!
Template weight ranges have been slightly modified from Jacked by June and we have also added a few other options to the food lists that were not challenge approved to make this more about lifestyle than points.